The vintage denim jacket has undergone a makeover and no wonder if I look around they are getting such a magnified attention. The last time when it was so much an ‘in thing’, it was more on the feminine edge, but this time it screams out loud – size doesn’t matter. In line with the borrowed-from-the-boys trend that’s been popular for several seasons, slouchy and aggressively distressed denim jacket is such a refreshing change to monotonous ‘perfection’ fad of fashion.
I feel denim jackets are such a wardrobe classic. The possibilities to style them are endless. Throw a denim jacket over a formal look to make it feel more casual, wear it with a dress to make it more edgy or break the denim-on-denim taboo, the list goes on. So by now everyone will agree that the perks of owning a denim jacket are endless. They literally go with anything; from colourful t-shirts to plaid button-ups, jumpers to hoodies, you can’t go wrong when wearing a denim overwear. Also , in case you were chomping at the bit for fall, but still want to enjoy summer, the oversized denim jacket is the transitional staple for your wardrobe. It’s everywhere , isn’t it ! Step up your style game with the range of oversized denim jackets, opt for distressed blues or make a statement with embellished styles .
Here are my go to ideas to style an oversized denim jacket with different outfits already in your wardrobe.
Styling an oversized Denim Jacket:
1. To start with, a denim jacket upgrades your style instantly if your are wearing basics. Wear a pair of jeans or shorts and white tee and this denim overlayer can do wonders to your look.
2. If you have little time to dress up and just when your outfit doesn’t seem to be so special, you turn around and boom! A distressed denim jacket with maybe pearls, patchwork or lace comes to your rescue. Isn’t that amazing?
3. Wearing an oversized denim jacket with any of those short and flirty dresses that have gone somewhere at the back of your wardrobe (thanks to the weather of London), can become probably the best street style look you pull off this fall.
4. A denim on denim look can be modified with this extremely in thing this season. Add up the distressed denim jacket you own on your denim top jeans look! Is that too much denim? I say ‘Not at all’ With all of the experimental denim I have been seeing from designers as of late, why not pay more attention to the different iterations out there.
5. All of us love jumpsuits and co-ord dresses, don’t we! But they turn boring after a couple of times . A studded boyfriend denim jacket paired with a statement piece of jewellery can do wonders to that same outfit. Also you can do the same styling with your bodycon dresses too.
6. Last but not the least, take out those maxi dresses and long tee shirt dresses and pair them up with an oversize jean jacket. This is one street style look I really recommend.
Reasons aside, you are always going to find something to wear that’ll suit your beloved denim jacket, so theres never a bad time to purchase one. If you don’t own any jean jacket, make sure you get it right away as every IT girl knows that adding a denim jacket is a surefire way to instantly make any outfit cooler!
Do share your views and feel free to ask any questions or queries . Also don’t forget to follow @scoopsnvogue on Instagram.